Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sangria Minus a Key Ingredient

Being the booze hound that I am, I am always looking for ways to make more unique and tasty drinks.
While my Basil Peach Sangria is always a favorite of guests and mine of course, I still haven't given a red version a shot. It's sure to keep with the basil theme, the herbal basil notes are just plain nice. An aroma that, for one reason or another, makes me think of comfort and refreshments.
So I do my homework, check out what other folks are trying. Surely in the great food and drink blogging world there's some goodness out there yes?
I'm seeing a trend that leaves me perplexed.
No liquor in the sangria.......
??????
Um, okay. Weird right? Most recipes call for brandy but any booze will do. And while I hold to the ole' motto "to each his own", why the hell would you omit the one ingredient that prevents a sangria from simply being wine with fruit in it?
Why, I ask you!!

Stop it. Just stop it.
By all means, be creative, play with herbs and fruits and nectars and such but PLEASE for the sake of all of the drunkity man kind do NOT forget the liquor.
If you are just making a wine spodey I will BMOB (bring my own booze).

Over n out.

Happy Fourth to my Favorites.



No comments:

Post a Comment