Saturday, May 5, 2012


Filling this hour with nothing but absolute silence.

Save for the clicking of my keyboard.
The ice cream truck as it drives by (not entirely sure 55 degree weather warrants a chocotaco).
The crunching of Tim's Cascade Jalapeno Chips (it's deafening and delicious).

Not utter silence after all but a quiet that is rarely enjoyed during daylight hours in this home.

I'm thinking large thoughts, brainstorming big ideas, dreaming.

I'm also thinking about synchronicity.

What may seem absolutely coincidental and trivial may just be how the cosmos unite us. You are thinking of your best friend and they call that instant.

Your partner spouts the very sentence at the tip of your tongue that is unrelated to anything happening at that very moment. You are sitting there thinking "I'd really love and iced coffee" and they say out loud, "let's go get a coffee".

Maybe we tend to surround ourselves with like minds. Perhaps it's a good example of how you begin to pick up speech and body language patterns of those you most closely associate with.

Who's to say? You're explanation may be completely logical. Your logic may differ from mine. That's how logic works nowadays. The thought process may vary due to individual perspectives based on genes and predispositons, life experience, upbringing. That combination of nature and nurture that builds up our being and defines normalcies for us.

Meanwhile our motivation for different relationships evolve and come to be due to these. We can't always choose whos lives intertwine with ours but we can mold these interactions to desirable or not so desirable, meaningful or superficial, short or long term. But synchronicity is an organic development.
It's undeniable.





I'm going to start a zine. This is totally unexpected from me, oh.....wait, not so much, I mean c'mon. I've been dying to do something with all of my loose little ends lying about the house, on the bookshelves, in my journals. And synchronicity may prove to open an opportunity unforseen before. And I'm guessing, (as related to my last post) most certainly, an opportunity to collaborate. No this photo is not directly zine related. Except polaroids may come into play. <3 polaroids.


4 comments:

  1. RadioLab (yea..igetdownlikethat) had a story similar to this a few weeks ago. I will see if I cant dig it up.

    Good stuff Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent. I'd love to read it. I'm a fan of such stories. Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. I would love to see a zine of your doing, Jackie! I am totally in full support of this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means bunches from you Miss Tina, you are my inspiration. Seriously. :)

      Delete