Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Bloody Mary

My mister loves my bloody marys so much so he bought me an engagement ring after sipping on one of these bad boys. Okay, okay in fairness I think he bought the ring beforehand and this is his "job well done" beverage.


There once was a time that the idea of a bloody mary was just plain gross to me. I don't even like tomatoes, let alone tomato juice.
Add vodka? It doesn't sound much better.
And while many places add pizzaz in their garnish and think that is the making of a really good mary, others skip the fluff and just make a GOOD bloody mary. Don't get me wrong, I like shrimp, beans, asparagus, olives and more. But the salad atop my cocktail will not change what lies inside.
I pride myself on mine. They are damn tasty~though if you don't like 'em spicy I am then at a loss.....it's just vodka and tomato juice. *crinkles nose* ew.
Some of my favorite ingredients include olive juice, squeeze of lime, horseradish, tabasco sauce and Demitris. Demitris is the best little zesty squeeze to add to a good bloody mary but many places make the mistake in thinking that this is magic in a bottle and use only this. Just a word of advice. Buy some. Use it. But don't think that is going to make a special mary. :)

If you're hankering for a tasty bloody mary come see me at Maxwell's Monday-Wednesday.

If you happen to be out and about on a Sunday for brunch I'd recommend Masa's bloody mary. Only $3.50 (or there abouts)!!! Though they can be a bit inconsistant in spice and maybe even liquor level, when they get it right it's perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment