Sunday, April 29, 2012

Where I find inspiration......

I've considered writing a book of some sorts since....well, forever. It's just been something I've assumed I was going to do always.
In high school I wrote chapters and chapters, poems, short stories, lyrics, you  name it. Those are long gone now. Sad but true. I wish I still had all of those notebooks around.
I've kept a journal since I was a preteen. I go for periods of time without writing in them, but not long periods.
Writing is a part of my life.
Currently I have bits of a children's book written~an illustrator (and dearest of friends, my kindred spirit) kind enough to volunteer her time and what I believe to be chapters of a young adult book.
No, there will be no vampires involved.
 My main problem in writing a story with the lead role being a female is I am using my own child and writing as though I am her.
It only seems natural. A. I can relate to teen girls and their point of view. B. She is an inspiring little lady. She's exceptionally kind, thoughtful, intelligent and has gone through so much already. Her state of health is something that will weigh on her for always. It will sway decisions she makes in life. It will effect how she feels every single waking and sleeping moment. This is the deck she's been dealt.
The reason why this is a problem is I feel that some how I may be intruding on her life in some way. I write a few paragraphs and can't help but think that maybe I should pussy foot around somethings for fear that when she reads these words she may be embarrassed or upset on how I assume to convey her character. (This presents a new problem in that I am not very good about pussy footin'. I have tact, oh yes, but I'm very straightforward to the point of brash often. The key is a smiling delivery. It aids words in being less abrasive.)
Anyhow to my original point, she carries a depth of character that can be found in fictional stories.This is not a mother's words, it's simply true. Ask anyone who knows her.
She inspires me.


Photo courtesy of Poetic Spectre Imaging. This girl. Yea. As a forwarning I'm certain to divulge ways that the men in my life inspire me as well.

2 comments:

  1. It's still so amazing to me how much we have in common :) I've got a YA novel in pieces on my laptop and in notebooks... maybe some day I'll finish it, lol. With how easy it is to be electronically published these days I'm sure getting it out there is a lot less difficult too! I've read so much crap thanks to Amazon I kind of want to do it just so there's something out there with some proper grammar in it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tiff, I adore you so. I don't think that is ever going to change. We are like minds to say the least. You're my soul sister. I only have one other of those so it's an elite group of awesome. And I will scoop up a book you've written in a heartbeat.

      Delete