Saturday, April 7, 2012

What's in a Weekend?

What's in a weekend? I find myself torn between feeling like a day in my jammies is well spent. Quality t.v. and internet time. Veggin. "Relaxing".

I find my soul is a happy one when I find a sense of productivity in the weekend. Though running around like a wild woman I often think, "aaaaah, I just need a minute, go go go" my heart smiles at a job well done.

Another must for a successful weekend?

Time with friends and kids. We are always connecting with people, either on some deeper and meaningful level, completely superficial level, or even if one day one evolves into the other. It's the nature of the beast.
Some intertwining of the lives is best. You can pick up where you left off, regardless of all of lifes little distractions and just be.
I have a few near and dear just like this. I got to see three of them this weekend.

Smiling Hearts all the way. 


To begin, I got my nails did. :) It feels nice to beautify once in awhile. I'm by no means a girlie girl. But I have my things.
Chris was joking that this is the first step in my transformation into a Casella. Jackie Casella has a very mob wife feel to it. I may begin to hone my accent skills next or work on big hair. You've been warned. :)



Of course, any damper to a day off is laundry. I hate laundry. I especially hate laundry for a family of 5. It's a drag. If I had the money I'd pay someone to just do the laundry. Not kidding. Truth.



Through a whirlwind of errand running sometimes you just have to pause. Take in some beauty. It's the smallest things of wonder we overlook every day. That's not my zen master speaking. He's been in hibernation for a very long time now. It's these moments that make a day.


Then of course I got the immense pleasure of a theatre date with one of my besties. The opportunity to take in a kick ass production with a like mind WHILE honing my skills and doing something I have a passion for? Yes, I'd say I'm pretty lucky in life. And who doesn't love a good lady date. I'd call it a girls night but as mothers in our not so young age, I prefer lady date. Girls night makes me think of Sex in the City. *shudder*
I wish I had taken a photo of the delicious specialty cocktail at my work right now. The anise star embedded in a cidery cube of goodness floating around in my whiskey was quite lovely.

Any how, today is back to work for me and the sunshine has come out to say hello. Wishing you all an early Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment