Monday, April 2, 2012

Books and Wine

I dig me some reading, though with the noise level in my house finding the reading "zone" is difficult. Very, Very difficult.
So I devised a plan. Book Club. Yup, gives you a given amount of time to finish a book so you can discuss with like minds (or maybe not so like at times). Great. And rather than wait around for a book club, or have to attend one myself, I invited people to my place.
And as a further incentive I said, let's add wine. Boom, sounds like a potential great success. And in concept it is, I figure worst case scenerio I read a book and I'm going to drink wine anyways so what do I have to lose?



Well, I didn't finish the book. I know, I know. With a trip to Vegas, new work hours and my kids, I just didn't get into the book. I read most of it. And I will finish it but was in no form to discuss if someone arrived who had read it.
Luckily, and somewhat sadly, no one did. Oh, well 3 people showed (one of my favorites of all time in my life happened to be one) but none of us had read the book. So deep understanding and discussion was not needed. Instead we drank wine and b.s.ed. Not a bad night. It definitely put a smile on my face.

And yes, I'm going to go ahead and give this another go. So next selection:




Naturally again booze has slinked it's way into another blog. Wine, Margaritas. Yes, yes I forwarned you.

Maybe I'll whip up a pitcher of some tequila concoction. Seems appropriate yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment